Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta access explained
By pre-ordering any edition either digitally or through select retailers, you’ll get early Modern Warfare beta access on the Thursday and Friday before the open beta kicks off over at the weekend – with PS4 early access available on the first weekend, and Xbox One and PC on the second.
Here is what we learned about Modern Warfare beta – apart from “an epic and ever-changing series of maps, playlists, and other content drops throughout the Beta Test Weekends, with surprises and a great deal of content to access.”
- The second beta weekend featured Modern Warfare cross play support between consoles and PC.
- If you haven’t pre-ordered direct from digital stores, here are some links
- Modern Warfare beta is no longer available.
- As with previous betas, progress or unlockables won’t carry over to the full game. It’s assumed, however, that PS4 players were able to
- have their progress kept from one beta weekend to the next
- Thursday September 19th to Friday 20th: Early Access on Xbox One and PC, Open Beta on PS4
- Saturday September 21st to Monday 23rd: Open Beta on all platforms
The first weekend Playstation users squared off and enjoyed various playlists. Gun Fight maps would be familiar to the alpha access users for ps4. these rounds were best of seven 2v2 teamdeathmatch with one spawn each round.
Cyber attack was introduced the first weekend, it basically consisted of a hardpoint objective with search and destroy re-spawn rules. The playlist was played on the Hackney Yard map at night .
On the second weekend level cap increased from 10 to 20 and crossplay was introduced. In addition to the new features Ground war and NVG (Night Vision Goggles) playlists were included
through both weekends the gun loadout options were not changed after the level cap was raised to 20 from 10 from the first to second weekend.
The score streaks are purely kill number determinate. The Hardline perk is the only way to increase chance of air drops and uavs. They brought back the juggernaut and included some original scorestreaks.
Sign up for the newsletter for tips tricks and live streams.